Black History Month Belgium is expanding the team
Written by: Black History Month Belgium
August 16, 2020
We are searching for two Community Outreach Coordinators, one for Antwerp and one for Brussels to maintain all community outreach activities. You will represent BHM to the Black/African community in your respective cities and work within the city team of three to develop and implement initiatives that increase the visibility of BHM within the surrounding community and increase community engagement.
You need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to take on this exciting role. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player. You would take up this position as a volunteer. The role will start in September 2020 until the end of March 2021.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of outreach strategies.
- Connecting people in the broader community by creating sponsorship agreements and cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations.
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities.
- Nurture new and old relationships with community partners.
- Preferred experience of 1-5 years within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- An approachable character with the necessary dose of perseverance.
- Preferably have an existing network in the Black/African community in Antwerp or Brussels.
- Approximately one day per week for three hours from September 2020 until the end of March 2021.
- Knowledge that you are working as a team to ensure that Black History Month can exist and function in Belgium.
- Give back to, uplift, inspire and create space for Black people in Belgium.
- Be part of a community of young, motivated and driven Black people.
- Work experience
- Annual Team Weekend
- Free refreshments
- Free entry to BHM events
We can’t do it without you! Thank you for wanting to be part of our team.
Does this position appeal to you? Send your motivation letter and CV (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org